In March of 1919 several returning Veterans started Post 26 in Mesa AZ near Country Club and Main at an unknown residence. Post 26 was commissioned in March 1920, according the the March 28 1920 edition of the Mesa Tribune. The record was damaged [microfiche] and no other information is available.
The 1st record of a “landed” Post with a post home was around 1935.
There are no records available from 1935 until 1952 when the charter was reviewed. At this time the Post home was on Country Club Dr near Dana Drive.
In the mid 1980’s The Post home was moved to the new building at it’s current location.
November 25 2017 the post changed it’s name to Pablo J. Cortez Post 26 Mesa in honor of a beloved Commander.
Anyone that has information on the history of Post 26 please send it to historian at email@example.com
Memories by year
Bingo has been a part of Post 26 for years
The solder salutes mural was applied during renovations of the wall in 2017 by the city of Mesa Rehabilitation program.